Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Idaho and my summer vacation 2012


Laura, Susan, Mom, Donna - July 2012

My sister and I arrived in SLC airport late last Saturday night where my other sister and her husband picked us up in their white chariot (truck) and whisked us away to wonderful ID. Their home which overlooks the Little Bear River from a hillside is western in design with verandas on three sides for broad sweeping views of the countryside filled with cattle and horse farms and others which grow some of the food we put on our table everyday. The basement has extra bedrooms and a living area and is ideal for for family retreats and reunions.

My ATT service is sporadic at best and will not link up most of the time (Verizon seems the best connection here), but I now have managed to use my sister's Wi-Fi connection to check my email and write on this blog. Can't call out or receive calls or send messages. My hubby is holding down the fort at home. He was scheduled to fly with us but one of our cats became sick a few days before our departure and hubby is having a great time trying to make sure her antibiotic drops are landing in her mouth and not on his shirt. Of course he is watering our vegetable garden as well which includes watermelon, squash, tomatoes and bell peppers.

I will be working more with horn player James Boldin when each of us returns to our perspective work. My contracts with TSO and LSO have been returned and am looking forward to a season of music.

I plan to revisit the recent SSO catastrophe which unfairly took away my Individual Contract rights in what I believe to be a sham of an appeal's process and an MCBA which was fraught with mistakes, some of which now have been retracted in the new 2012 Agreement AT MY EXPENSE.

Have a safe and fun summer -

I am now signing off as your fellow musician and colleague,

COLLATERAL DAMAGE - Susan W Rogers


No comments: