Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mentoring with the Huntington High School Band Horns - Feb 2012

Last week I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Roderick Jefferson, band director at Huntington High School. I had been asked by the Shreveport Symphony's Cathy Sholar to work with his Horn students as a part of SSO's Educational Outreach Program. Unfortunately, only one student was available at a time when I was available, but the experience managed to bring back memories of another time when I practiced  my student teaching with both Ridgewood Junior High Band and Orchestra director Dave Hardin and Southwood High School Band and Jazz Band director Leon Anderson, two very accomplished directors, each with a different but successful teaching method. I hope to have a chance to work with all the Horn students at Huntington before the annual band festival which will be held at the end of March.


Huntington HS Band Director Roderick Jefferson

Huntington H S horn player sophomore, Lynn Green

- More later along with more photos -

No comments: