Sunday, June 12, 2011

Conn letter "N" series Elkhart bell with branch for sale at Houghton Horns June 2011 - SOLD

After many years of watching my Elkhart bell branch sit atop a book shelf in my home, I finally decided to sell it since I do not own any Conn horns anymore and have no further use for a bell with no horn attached. At one time I owned the whole horn, an "N" series Elkhart Conn 8D from the mid-70's which I played for several years before changing out the bell branch for a brass one and then sold the horn to our SSO 4th horn. The original bell stayed with me.

After a brief trip to the metro-plex for a second 50 year high school reunion, this one in Arlington, TX, my husband and I dropped off my beautiful bell with Dennis Houghton of Houghton Horns in Keller, TX before heading home to a very humid and hot Shreveport where our AC was no longer working as we had been told by my son who had been checking daily on our 2 cats in our absence. My husband being "mechanically" inclined finally figured out the problem and our inside house temperature is now at 82 instead of 88. By tomorrow morning after running the AC all night, we are hoping for at least 75.

www.houghtonhornsllc.com/

Hope all of you have a wonderful summer and if you know someone interested in a terrific 8D "N" bell branch, contact Dennis or Mark Houghton at the above web site. They are taking excellent care of it.



My next orchestra gigs will be the Minden Community Chorus concert with Dan Gibbs - God and Country independence celebration on Friday July 1, 7:00 PM at the Minden Civic Center and an independence celebration at First Baptist Church, Shreveport, Randy Le Blanc, music minister, on Saturday July 2, 7:00 PM.


In July the Gershwin musical "Crazy for You" being presented at the new theatre at First Methodist Church downtown Shreveport.