Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Louisiana Music Educators Association Orchestra Festival District VIII Large Ensemble

The LMEA District VIII Orchestra Festival held March 3 and 4 at Huntington High School. Adjudicators, Dr. Doug Bakenhus, Mr. Ye Tao, Dr. Chris Thompson and Mr. Allen Swilley as per the program notes.

In this first installment I am posting some random photos from several participating schools and will add more by school as they are edited and resized. Haven't attended a school music festival in over 30 years, so this experience was a little like going back in time for me since my degree from Centenary College is in Music Education (BME) and I was certified to teach both band and orchestra.

I appologize ahead of time for not being able to get at least one shot of all these great young musicians, but the stage lighting was poor and, of course, with ajudication in progress I was limited in my movement in the audience.

director Elaine Webb and Caddo Middle Magnet Orchestra 3







director Beverly Houston and Southwood H.S. String Orchestra






director Ardis Case and C.E. Byrd H.S. String Orchestra





director Syll-Young Olson and Natchitoches Central H.S.




Elaine Webb Caddo Magnet H.S. Chamber Orchestra



No comments: