Friday, November 27, 2009

Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet - The Nutcracker - coming December 12 and 13 to Riverview Theatre



OK, folks, note Harold's Nutcracker shirt and my IHS horn t- shirt! The year is 1981 at the home of Marion and Ces Mills. Marion (Harold's sister) was the driving force behind and the first artistic director of SMB, then called Ballet Lyrique.

The SMB and Nutcracker have been in our family blood literally since their early beginnings in 1973, 36 years ago. I still have some of the old sweatshirts to prove it. My husband Harold (in his heyday) has danced the part of the Snow Prince, been a Russian Trepak dancer, an Arabian dancer, a Spanish dancer, one of my sons has played the part of the brat brother Fritz, my brother-in-law has been a parent in the opening scene and many nieces and nephews and friends' daughters and sons have participated in this glorious contribution to the dreamworld of childhood fantasies which is the magic of the Nutcracker.

Barring any problems making copies of my 20 and 30 year old transparencies (slides), I am going to begin posting some old photos this week. So let the dancing, the music and the fun begin.

No comments: