Saturday, July 2, 2011

FBC Shreveport in concert with orchestra and choir Saturday July 2, 7:00 PM

So while I was on vacation with family enjoying the sights and sounds of nature in Idaho and Montana, my PC decided to die an unnatural death here at home. Yes, it was unplugged. Another of life's great mysteries. A very nice and competent computer tech salvaged my info from my old disk drive, (photos and music are stored on an external drive), but my programs weren't recoverable including all my photo software (4 or 5) which I use to edit ALL my photos for family, friends and posts for my orchestra blog. NOTHING, NOTHING could have been worse except losing my left hand. Did I mention I am a Horn player?

After browsing for several days for free photo editing software on my PC, I bit the bullet today and purchased one at a local store, one I have not used in the past. Now all I have to do is familiarize myself with it and trust that it won't take long to get back in the saddle.

old photo software
An Independence week-end patriotic concert will be presented by First Baptist Church of Shreveport, Saturday, July 2 @ 7:00 PM in the church sanctuary. The concert is free and open to the public.

Horace English - rehearsing old American folk songs with the orchestra
new photo software

Dr. Horace English rehearsing

Percussion section readying for rehearsal


Horn section L-R Chad Causey, Colin McRea Susan W. Rogers, Dr.Charles Gavin

Lower brass section

Percussionist Chandler Teague


FBC Music Minister Randy LeBlanc with Dr. Drummond after the concert
Maestro Leonard Kacenjar attending the concert

Hornist Charlie Gavin

more photos to come

No comments: