Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Shreveport Symphony Orchestra presents "A Pair of 5's" Feb 5, 2011

Shostakovich and Beethoven 5th symphonies will raise the roof of the Riverview Theatre this Saturday night, Feb. 5th., when the Shreveport Symphony Orchestra, under the direction of its Music Director Michael Butterman presents its fourth Masterwork concert of the season.

Concert begins at 7:30 PM
with pre-concert talk at 6:30 PM
by SSO 'cellist Paul Christopher

Tickets are available by phone and online

318.227.8863
or

ticket prices $12.00 - $42.00

Come join us

                                                                                                                        

BLUE is for COLD
rehearsals in the convention hall next door
for Beethoven and Shostakovich 5

the theatre was too cold for three days

a little cool even in convention hall so I brought a hat next rehearsal
and some hot cocoa

And by Saturday morning's dress rehearsal (which thankfully was in the theatre) I felt as though I should have brought my sled so my horn and I could toboggan down the ramp to the stage entrance. Which would I have saved first, had we crashed and burned in front of the trash cans? My horn or my life? Good question.

No comments: