Monday, June 20, 2011

Glorious Idaho . . . . .

June 21 - Ahhhhhh - fresh, clean air, 70 degree temperatures, more family reunions, photograph day. Gorgeous scenery. SNOW CAPPED  mountains across the Little Bear River in front of my sister's house. But what does this have to do with music and orchestra? Where I get to practice tonight for some upcoming Independence Celebration concerts in Minden and at FBC Shreveport.

More later. Looking forward to Montana as well to see brother with sisters and  my mom. Makes me feel as though I should be playing an Alpine horn tonight instead of my Lawson.

June 22 - Ahhhhhhhh - glorious Montana tomorrow. . . . . Great two days so far in the wild old West. You won't believe where I practiced last night and this morning watching the horses out in the pasture through the window. Nothing like great scenery to get oneself motivated. Will send photo. Glad they couldn't hear me but it felt pretty good considering I was still itching. First time I have played since my out break with an old nemesis, poison ivy, just as we were headed out of town. Worse case I've had on my face in 10 years. Put on 10 pounds of cover makeup yesterday for family photos. Glad I was on vacation and not in the middle of playing a job. Left eye was almost completely closed. Anyone else have that kind of allergic reaction? The pits, I can tell you. Had a shot this morning. Hoping for the best.




July 1 - Home now to a computer that had to be refurbished - got it back today. Don't ask me how it crashed when I wasn't even here and it was unplugged from the wall. Life's mysteries.

Playing Minden God and Country program tonight - Independence Celebration. Photos when I return if I can get them into shape and resized. I lost all my photography editing software programs in the great blitz!!

FBC Independence concert on Saturday featuring American composers.

Finally, some new photo editing sofware which you will see on my photos from Minden and FBC blog posts.

No comments: