Friday, June 3, 2011

Centenary Summer Band - A blast from the past - 1966-2010

A sad blast, unfortunately - As of this summer I am no longer a member of the Centenary Summer Band (not by choice) - concerts held annually in the college amphi - theater since the 1950's. My first time to play was summer 1966 with Mr. B.P. Causey who had also been my band director at Centenary and the sponsor of my college scholarship. It was fun, folks, mosquitoes included. Most of all I will miss my friends and colleagues, many of whom I have known since junior high at Lakeshore, high school at Fair Park and college at Centenary. I brought my children and grand children to these same concerts.

Below are 2 photos taken by Bill Causey, Jr. for the Shreveport Journal afternoon newspaper in the early years when we played with Centenary Band Director B.P. Causey on the podium.


- So long -


horn trio members - Susan Whipple Rogers, Myrna Collier Wood and Judy K. Causey

mid-late 1960's


horn trio members - C. Craig Pratt, Susan Whipple Rogers and Judy K. Causey

Early 1970's

No comments: